We represent people who are injured in bike, motorcycle, car or pedestrian accidents where another party is at fault.
We offer free consultations for personal injury cases. If we accept your case, you do not have to pay up front, but we are paid a percentage of the recovery. We strive to communicate clearly about the legal process and help our clients achieve some sense of power over those who have caused them harm.
What to Do Immediately After an Accident:
- Check yourself and others for injuries. Call an ambulance if you are hurt.
- If you are able, move your bike or car to a safe place, but close by.
- Notify the police, even if the accident is relatively minor. While many of us are uncomfortable calling the police, this is necessary to document the accident. If possible, remain at the scene until after the police arrive. Insist that the police officer file a report, and request a copy.
- Gather complete information, including the involved people’s drivers’ licenses, insurance company and policy number, license plate, and home addresses and telephone number for all drivers and witnesses.
- Take notes about the accident, including location and specific damages to persons, cars and bikes.
- If the other driver’s auto registration is in another name, make a note of the reason for that.
- Note whether a driver who injured you was on the job or driving a company/work vehicle.
- Even if you think you may have been partially at fault, exercise your right against self-incrimination; don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault. Such a statement may be used against you even if it turns out you were technically not at fault.
- It is important to seek medical treatment promptly if you are injured and to follow your health care provider’s recommendations for follow up care. Photograph visible injuries and begin keeping a journal of how your injuries impact your life.
- You have to report the accident to your own insurance carrier if you have one. You do not have to speak with the other driver or give a statement to their insurance company. It is not a good idea to give a statement before talking to your own lawyer.
- Get legal advice as soon as possible.
Give us a call, or use our contact page to set up a free consultation. Once we are involved we will immediately take steps to protect your rights, and if the other driver or other party is at fault, make sure you are fairly compensated for all injuries, property damage, wage loss, pain and suffering, and other damages. While we are successful in resolving many of our cases without litigation, we are always prepared to fully litigate. We will give you a realistic assessment of the risks and benefits of trial or settlement.